Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mmmm Lemon Chicken

The other night I made a variation of a lemon chicken - so yummy, my only thought was that it was a bit heavy on the lemon (possibly I mis-measured, sigh - January was a long month). However the mushrooms that were in it turned out so fabulous that I'm planning on keeping the marinade recipe and using it just for the mushrooms!

Lemon Chicken
3 lemons
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vinegar
salt to taste
paprika to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
4 chicken breasts, cubed
3 small zucchini, cubed
1/2 lb. med-mushrooms

Before serving - at least 3 hours before (I let mine sit overnight) make the marinade - grate 1 tbsp. lemon zest and squeeze juice from 3 lemons to make 1/3 cup juice. Mix peel, lemon juice, oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, paprika and garlic in bowl.

Add cubed raw chicken, zucchini and mushrooms. Toss lightly to coat - cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stirring occasionally.

Pre-heat oven to 350'. Place marinated chicken & veggies on a baking sheet. Bake 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Periodically stir the mixture during cooking. Serve over rice.

(Another note to self - check the date on the rice BEFORE cooking. Apparently I cooked off brown rice that had been sitting in a jar in my pantry since 2005! Yuck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment