Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Potato Rounds!

Need I say more? No - at least not to my sister as she reads this post!!

Not a french fry - but similar, and oh so good. If ever I'm in the need for some good old emotional eating, that will surely make me feel better (and always a necessity when I'm sick), I make these.

Potato Rounds
Wash potatoes and slice into even rounds, aim for about 1/4" thick (it's very important to make sure they're even for even cooking, best bet use a mandolin).

Generously cover sheet tray with oil, place a single layer on the tray. Bake at 375' for 20-40 minutes (all depends on how thick you cut the rounds). Keep watch, don't let them burn. Half way through cooking, flip them over so they brown evenly. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and serve with a ton of ketchup!

1 comment: