Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bologna Cake?

So I'm sitting here watching late night TV and Sweet Home Alabama came on... I found myself wondering "what the heck is a bologna cake?" So a Googling I go and came up with the following recipe. I don't know about you - but I am SO GLAD I grew up in California, and not the South. No offense meant to any Southern readers, but some of your recipes scare me. I hope you'all enjoy the labels for this post!


BOLOGNA CAKE

2 loaves of cheap white Bread, crusts cut off
8 Tbs. of Italian Dressing
1/2 lb. sliced bologna
3/4 lb. American cheese slices

2 containers of whipped cream cheese
Ketchup (optional)
Garnishes: Parsley, Black Olives, etc. (optional)

Use a spring form pan. Layer, bread slices, sprinkle with 2 tbsp dressing, then layer on some bologna. Repeat first two layers. Make one layer of cheese. Cover with bread & dressing layers. Press firmly down into pan. Frost with: cream cheese mixed with 2 tbsp. dressing. Frost as you would any other cake. Optional decorations: put ketchup in a piping bag and decorate the top. You may also place olives, etc. on top as decorations.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God there's not a picture, that sounds disgusting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was honestly hoping it was just southern slang for something else. I have always wondered myself what they were talking about. Thanks for the info though.

    ReplyDelete