Monday, March 14, 2011

The great taco seasoning challenge

I love using taco seasoning mixes - but HATE all the sodium and other icky stuff in the packages. So this past summer I set off on my quest to create my own seasoning mix.

Here are the two recipes I came up with - I'll let you decide which one you like the best... (I liked Tube A best).

TACO SEASONING TUBE A
2 tsp corn starch
5 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced onion
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground oregano

NOTES - might want to cut back on the corn starch as the color was really pale. This one was REALLY spicy originally so I cut out the 2 tsp chili powder that had originally been in there. It has GOOD flavor!


TACO SEASONING TUBE B

6 tsp paprika
4 1/2 tsp cumin
3 tsp granulated onion
2 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp oregano

No comments:

Post a Comment