Other Information

Monday, June 8, 2009

Mini Banana Muffins

I'm always taking my favorite banana bread recipe and trying it out in different incarnations to see how it will cook up. This time I made mini banana muffins. Oh - these were sooooo good. You couldn't eat just one.

I just looked back and am completely surprised that I haven't posted this recipe up yet. I was given this recipe in my 7th grade home-ec class (that would be fall of '84) and I've been using it ever since. Thank you Mrs. Pile!

Best Ever Banana Bread
1c sugar
2 eggs (well beaten)
1/2c butter
3 tbsp. sour cream (the secret ingredient!)
3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda
2c flour (you can also go 1/2 & 1/2 white and wheat flour if you'd like, it doesn't change the texture at all)

Pre-heat oven to 350'F. Grease bread pan, combine ingredients, pour into pan and bake for 1 hour.

If making mini muffins, check after 10 minutes - if they spring back when you touch them, they're done.

If making regular size muffins, check after 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! Banana bread is my addiction.. :) Love the ideas of this with Sour Cream. I make my birthday cake every year as a Sour Cream cake: http://petitechef.wordpress.com/recipes/sour-cream-chocolate-chip-pound-cake-marielles-b-day-cake/
    it's to DIE FOR! I've had it as my cake for the past 10 or so years and we have to make 2 because everyone wants it for breakfast the next morning! YUM!

    Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe link. My wedding cake was a sour cream white, and I've always wanted to find a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete