Other Information

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Asian Beef with Carrots



Another challenge for me has been to get menus planned in advance, I try to do two weeks at a time just so I can get shopping lists done at the same time. If I’m feeling productive I’ll do menu planning, shopping lists, and shopping all in the same day. If I have enough energy left I’ll even try to get some cooking in on those days too, not just rely on left overs. 

On days when the kid has riding lessons I either have to have left overs planned, or make sure the meal I’ve picked is a fast & easy one to get on the table. 

This Asian beef with carrots over rice falls into that category. Start the rice first, then get going on everything else. In the time it takes the rice to cook, the entire meal will be ready! If you chop your vegetables & prep your meat in advance the cook time becomes that much shorter too.

The recipe comes from one of my favorite allergy cookbook authors - Linda Coss' book What Else is to Eat? The Dairy-Egg-, and Nut-Free Food Allergy Cookbook. I've given you a link to her website. Go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment