Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sloppy Joes are a Quick Dinner

My all time favorite quick dinner are Sloppy Joes and as a result I always keep a can of Sloppy Joe sauce in the pantry. However to my horror, I went to pull a can out one night and realized I had been so busy with work that I didn't even know I had previously used up the last can!

Have no fear - recipe is born!! And boy was it GOOD!

HEATHER'S SLOPPY JOE MIX

1 lb ground beef or turkey (I prefer turkey these days)

1 1/2c ketchup
1 - 1 1/2c water
2 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 large red onion, chopped

Sautee meat and onion together on high heat until meat is cooked through and browned.

While meat is cooking, mix together: ketchup, prepared mustard, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika.

Reduce heat to low. Add above mixture to the cooked meat in your pan. Slowly add in water until it reaches a consistency that makes you happy. Simmer until completely combined and heated through. Serve on your favorite roll or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment