Other Information

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Stuffed Shells with Tofu Ricotta



2015 was the year of lots of recipe testing. Thanks for many of the cookbooks I obtained in December I was armed and ready for battle. The hardest thing for me to give up has been cheese. Oooey gooey, stringy, melty cheese. I found a nice recipe for tofu ricotta. My Italian friends claim I’ve lost my touch with reality, as “no self respecting Italian would use tofu ricotta”. I claim they don’t have a grasp on what it’s like to have an adult onset food allergy.

On of my favorite cookbook discoveries is Go Dairy Free by Alisa Marie Fleming. She's online (here), and this is my tweak of one of her recipes.

Tofu Ricotta
14 oz firm tofu
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp of my No Salt Table blend spice mix

Press tofu with a tofu press (yes I do own one now) to get rid of excess water. Combine tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, half the nutritional yeast, salt/pepper in a mixing bowl. Mash together with a fork until it's all mixed together. Should look like ricotta clumps. Give a taste, add the other half of the nutritional yeast if needed. Stir in herbs last.


I have not received any compensation from any company/person I mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment