Winter nights make me want to cook casseroles. They’re warm, quick, and easy. Not to mention tasty as all get out. Here’s my talk on a taco casserole - My favorite part of this whole thing is that I used my own taco seasoning mix!
1 package ground turkey meat
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 red onion, chopped
1-2c frozen white corn
2 cans refried beans
2c shredded cheese (vegan shreds here)
1/2c diced tomato (I didn't have any handy, so just drained some of my homemade stewed tomato for this)
1 small can sliced olives
extra thick tortilla chips
sour cream (I use vegan Tofutti brand)
- Pre-heat oven to 350'.
- Saute ground turkey, add onion continue cooking until all is cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and water to meat mixture.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Add corn and cook for a few more minutes.
- Spread refried beans on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of ground cheese.
- Then top with ground meat mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven 30-40 minutes. It should be bubble when done.
- Remove foil, top with remaining cheese, olives, and tomato.
- Tuck some tortilla chips in down the sides - they will be sticking up.
to oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted.
- Let set for a minute, then scoop out and top with sour cream.