Other Information

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Family Friendly Taco Casserole



Winter nights make me want to cook casseroles. They’re warm, quick, and easy. Not to mention tasty as all get out. Here’s my talk on a taco casserole - My favorite part of this whole thing is that I used my own taco seasoning mix!

TACO CASSEROLE
1 package ground turkey meat
1c water
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 red onion, chopped
1-2c frozen white corn
2 cans refried beans
2c shredded cheese (vegan shreds here)
1/2c diced tomato (I didn't have any handy, so just drained some of my homemade stewed tomato for this)
1 small can sliced olives
extra thick tortilla chips
sour cream (I use vegan Tofutti brand)

  • Pre-heat oven to 350'.
  • Saute ground turkey, add onion continue cooking until all is cooked through.
  • Add taco seasoning and water to meat mixture.
  • Stir until completely mixed.
  • Add corn and cook for a few more minutes. 
  • Spread refried beans on the bottom of a casserole dish.
  • Top with a layer of ground cheese.
  • Then top with ground meat mixture.
  • Cover with foil and cook in oven 30-40 minutes. It should be bubble when done.
  • Remove foil, top with remaining cheese, olives, and tomato.
  • Tuck some tortilla chips in down the sides - they will be sticking up.
  • Return to oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted.
  • Let set for a minute, then scoop out and top with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment