Other Information

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Granola Morning





Have you purchased a bag of granola at the store only to realize after opening that it just isn’t that good? Do you get annoyed like I do? Wasted money, wasted time, just plain waste. 

Not one to be deterred I decided to just make my own recipe – in fact I came up with TWO that really work and I alternate which recipe I use at home. Here is the first one – Happy cooking.

HEATHER’S GRANOLA VERSION 1
2 ½ c traditional oats – not quick cook
1 c wheat germ – I like using honey flavor
½ c wheat bran
½ c coconut flakes – unsweetened
1/3 c + 2 tbsp canola oil
1/3 c + 3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 c gold raisins
  • Pre-heat oven to 350’F
  • Lightly grease 2 rimmed cookie sheets
  • Mix oats, wheat germ, wheat bran, coconut in a large bowl
  • Add canola oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract – mix to combine
  • Spread evenly on baking sheets
  • Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown
  • Remove from oven – let cool slightly
  • Mix in gold raisins to still warm granola
  • When completely cool – store in an airtight container

Yield: 6 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment