Other Information

Monday, October 24, 2016

What's Next for Me?



Now that we’re closing down Two Cooks I’m being faced with a career change I wasn’t 100% prepared for. The hubs, he’s golden – heading off to an amazing job as executive pastry chef for a local restaurant group where he’ll be creating the dessert & baked goods menus for 5 restaurants. But for me, I have no idea what I want to do. People have asked me what I’m doing next, what do I want to do? Should be a simple question to answer, but since I haven’t had to think about it for over 10 years my mind is blank.

The one thing I know I want to do is write. Yep, I want to write write write. It feels so good to be writing again, I don’t want to stop. Obviously I’ve been catching up on my blog, but what else? The mini cookbook will need to have a small edit as the back cover sports an advertisement for the to-go food operation we never got around to opening this year. The big cookbook is 75% written, but will need more photos, and I need to decide which direction to go for publishing. Do I try for an agent and get it published the real way ((dream big I say)). Or do I crowd fund and attempt to self-publish, a thought that seems very daunting to me.

In addition to that, do I keep the sloCooking as a business going – it’s where we’ve run our wholesale desserts. Should I go the direction of the Cottage Food Act and get a permit to sell my spices and cookie mixes myself? Decisions decisions. 

What do you think readers? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave me a comment or drop me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment