Ever wonder how to make your own corn chips? Well wonder no longer and happy National Corn Chip Day by the way.
You’re going to kick yourself for not doing this sooner because this is super easy and they taste great when you eat them hot out of the fryer. But don’t feel bad – I didn’t start doing this until I saw just how easy it was to make them when we were catering. Now you can make your own to wow friends at your next party.
HOMEMADE CORN CHIPS
1 package corn tortillas
Canola oil for frying
- Use a pizza cutter/roller and cut your corn tortillas into 6 triangles
- Cut as many as you think you’ll be eating, but keep in mind, you’ll probably eat more than you think
- Heat oil in a counter top fryer or in a heavy bottom pot on the stove
- When oil is hot enough to start frying, drop in a handful of tortilla pieces – do not over fill the pot, you want them to have room to move around for even cooking
- When chips are golden remove from pot and place on a paper towel lined baking sheet
- Immediately sprinkle with salt
- Serve with your favorite salsa or guacamole
- Eat & enjoy